OBESITY IS EPIDEMIC IN OUR AMERICAN SOCIETY.
MOST DEADLY LIFESTYLE DISEASES ARE LINKED TO OBESITY.
LOSING WEIGHT IS PERSONAL. WHAT CAN YOU DO?
My experience over nearly three decades of coaching my patients on weight-loss has given me this fundamental base: Weight management is very personal, very individualistic, yet based on solid fundamentals.
WHAT ARE THESE FUNDAMENTALS?
- Taking off weight requires understanding why the extra weight went on in the first place.
- A successful program must take into account previous successes and failures.
- Attitude is more important than any other component.
- Asking for help is not a weakness.
- People can be under-weight or height-weight proportional and still be obese.
- There are numerous “aids” that can make a big difference in a successful program.